AEP Ohio, a unit of American Electric Power Company, Inc. (AEP), is committed to protecting and using the information you provide us through the It’s Your Power mobile application (the “Application”) in a responsible manner. It is our policy to safeguard and protect all personal information collected via the Application and to keep such information confidential.
- By downloading the Application, you are agreeing that AEP Ohio can send you notifications regarding [your energy usage and energy efficiency programs that you may benefit from]. You understand that you are not required to agree to receive such notifications in order to purchase products and services from AEP Ohio; however, certain features of the Application may not be available to you should you decide not to receive such notification.
CHILDREN UNDER THE AGE OF 13:
The Application is not intended for children under 13 years of age, and we do not knowingly collect personal information from children under the age of 13. If we learn we have collected or received personal information from a child under the age of 13 without verification of parental consent, we will delete that information. If you believe we might have any information from or about a child under the age of 13, please contact us as provided below.
- Information Automatically Collected:
- During your use of the Application, we may collect anonymous information about your visit and the resources that you access and use on or through the Application using server logs, cookies, scripts and other Web traffic tracking systems. We may collect and anonymize information about your mobile device and internet connection, including the unique device identifier, IP address, and operating system. This information is aggregated and used to improve the Application through analysis of user activities on the Application.
- The Application may acquire but will not store real-time information about the location of your device and we do not collect information about your individual browsing habits outside the Application over time.
- If you have installed the Powerley Thermostat, information collected from the thermostat and sensors may include temperature set points, equipment runtimes, room temperature and humidity. This information is used to monitor participation in demand response events and data analytics.
- Information You Provide Us:
- On certain pages of the Application, you may be asked to provide information about yourself or your home, either to identify yourself to us, or to request a service from us, or to order a product from us. In each case, we will inform you what information is provided at your option and what information is required to complete the transaction or activity you are engaged in. If you are unwilling to provide the required information, you will be unable to complete the requested transaction.
- If you contact us, we will collect and keep records and copies of your correspondence, including e-mail addresses and phone numbers.
- We will also collect and keep your responses to surveys we might ask you to complete for our research purposes; details of any transactions you carry out through the Application, including fulfillment of you orders; and your responses to questions describing your home profile.
USE AND DISCLOSURE OF INFORMATION COLLECTED:
- In addition, we may use elements of this information in the following situations:
- Provide you with the Application and its contents, and any other information, products or services that you request from us through the Application.
- Give you notices about your energy usage, tips to meet targets, participation in challenges and rewards if applicable.
- Carry out our obligations and enforce our rights arising from any contracts entered into between you and us, including for return of devices upon leaving the program, moving out from the premises, and/or closing your AEP Ohio billing account.
- Notify you when updates to the Application are available, and of changes to any products or services we offer or provide through it.
- We may transfer the information to AEP’s affiliates and subsidiaries, unless such transfer is prohibited by law. We may transfer the information as part of a merger, consolidation, acquisition, divestiture or other corporate restructuring (including bankruptcy).
- We may make the information available to third parties who are providing the product, service or information that you have requested (but not your password) and to third parties who are providing services to AEP (for example, providing the information to third parties performing computer-related services for AEP).
- We may use the information to communicate with you about products and services that may be of interest to you.
- We may disclose the information if we believe that disclosure is required by law or regulation or in response to a subpoena or other order of a court or other governmental agency.
- We may also share any aggregated information (i.e., non-personally identifiable information) with any third parties for any reason, unless prohibited by law.
THIRD-PARTY INFORMATION COLLECTION:
When you use the Application or its content, certain third parties may use automatic information collection technologies to collect information about you or your device. These third parties may include your mobile device manufacturer, your mobile service provider or others. We do not control these third parties’ tracking technologies or how they may be used.
OPTING OUT OF INFORMATION COLLECTION:
- If you do not want us to collect the information described above, then do not download, register with or use the Application. You can also delete the Application from your mobile device to stop information collection; however, information collected prior to you deleting the Application will be retained as describe above.
- If you have an Energy Bridge, deleting the Application from your mobile device will NOT disable the link between the Energy Bridge and your AMI meter. You must use the Application to first “Remove” the Energy Bridge before deleting the Application. If you have questions, please contact us at YourPowerHelp@aep.com.
- AEP takes reasonable steps to protect your personal information as it is transferred to us, through the use of Web technologies such as the Secure Sockets Layer and others. However, no Internet transmission of information is ever completely secure or error-free. In particular, e-mail sent to or from AEP may not be secure. We cannot guarantee the security of personal information transmitted through the Application. Any transmission of personal information is at your own risk. We are not responsible for circumvention of any privacy settings or security measures we provide.
- The safety and security of your information also depends on you. Where we have given you (or where you have chosen) a password for access to the Application through the shared sign on with your AEP Ohio My Account, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. We ask that you not share your password with anyone.
HOW TO REACH US:
CHANGES TO THIS POLICY: